Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Why it's hard to write a thesis

I am in the final semester of my graduate career (unless for some crazy reason I decide to go back for a Ph.D) and thus I am writing up all of the research I've done and trying to finish some final tests so I can focus solely on writing and finishing up. My goal is to finish May 22nd, graduation, so I can go home and race bikes this summer and just hang out in beautiful Wisconsin. I want to do this before I go to Houston and begin working for an untold amount of time. So the reasons writing is difficult are numerous, perhaps a list will work best. So:

1) The weather is beautiful outside and I want to be out there

2) I really want to ride my bike, pretty much everyday if I could

3) I like to race my bicycle and without riding I will surely get my ass kicked, even though I'm doing much better than I started last year

4) Sequence Stratigraphy labs take entirely too much time and they don't really make a lot of sense

5) I got an email that I haven't filled out my time sheets at the Bureau since November and now I'm gonna have to go up there and fill out those time sheets so I don't get into trouble

6) The internet has a lot of fun things on it

So, I'm sure there are many more than that since new things come up every time I sit down and try to write.

Alright, back to work then . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment