Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Trying out a photo post

So I thought I would try to put a picture on here and this will be the post for today. I just did the Mas O Menos race in Terlingua, TX, a long ways out in the middle of nowhere and near Big Bend National Park. There was a photographer, or group thereof, and they captured some pretty good pictures of me while racing.

The characteristic of this race is that 1) it's a race in the middle of the desert, in the middle of nowhere and 2) there is a really big climb, about 1200 vertical feet in around 5 miles.



















Working up the Tres Cuevas


It was a pretty sweet climb








I don't think the Tres Cuevas was the worst climb but once on the top there are rollers that seemed to kill me. The best part is coming down to the finish



This is the end downhill to the finish and it was great knowing the finish was close. I definitely need to do the full marathon next year (100km) instead of just the half marathon. It was a pretty good race all around and I'm definitely going out early to pre-ride the course next year. This year I was out on the course pretty much blind to knowing anything about the course and there were a couple of times where I missed the trail and ended up losing time which sucks because I was less than 5 minutes out of first.
On a side note: I sold my old road bike yesterday, I'm glad I don't have to worry about that anymore but I think I might miss the Cannondale. Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment