Monday, March 23, 2009

Waco Race

Well last weekend Lauren, Kyle and I went to Waco for the mountain bike race. I was excited about this race since I was my one year anniversary of mountain bike racing and the race had also been rescheduled so I could do it. I wasn't sure how I was going to do after not having ridden as much as I would have liked to prepare and I was about mid way through a cold. My fork is also out so I was lucky enough to get to ride Sol's sweet bike (Orbea Alma, sweet bike)


We went up to the race on saturday to pre-ride and it was an interesting trip. I didn't really get any sleep the night before after Lauren was up all night coughing and then getting up early to go see Lauren's horses before leaving, so I was pretty dang tired. I did get some sleep on the way up, briefly waking up to see Temple (which Kyle and I renamed Tabernacle on the way home). The pre-ride was great and the course seemed to be good although I thought I might be sick.


Race morning came early since the sport class a.k.a. Cat 2 started at nine in the morning. I was a little unsure how I felt before the race but that time before the race still gets me for some reason. Oh well. The first lap I started a little fast and the legs weren't feeling to great so I had to back off a little and recover a bit and then get ready to go hard the next lap. The plan worked pretty good I guess, I did make up a couple of spots on the second lap and finished in ninth. That's not too bad for my first race in Sport.


Congrats to Kyle for winning his expert race!!


I think I'm starting to feel a little better from this cold so hopefully Warda goes better next weekend.


I guess I'll get some pictures up from my trip to New Mexico one of these days...

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you didn't write anything about your bet with my dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely make note of that in the next post, how could I forget

    ReplyDelete