Saturday, March 14, 2009

Spring Break!!!

Spring Break for me officially started on Thursday at 11 in the morning. This sounds amazing, right? Well, it's not as great as it may seem. My spring break involves a four day trip to west Texas/New Mexico followed by exciting work and writing of the thesis. It's all good except I actually wish I weren't going on this field trip so I could do more work on the thesis which I really want to get finished.

I'm missing out on this:













For this:



There is one upside, however, I got to go to the super cool 37 month anniversary party at Austinbikes. Austinbikes is a great bike shop with some great people and random parties rock so their party was destined to be sweet. They had beer and it was great to hang out with people and meet some people I have heard a lot about but just never really met.

On a positive note: Due to the stupid rain that has "plagued" Austin during the latter part of this week, which seriously made me not excited about riding, the Waco race has been postponed until next weekend which means I can do it!! I am excited about this, probably more than I would normally be, because it marks my one year anniversary of mountain bike racing. I don't know how well I will do but I'm aiming to do pretty well, maybe win, maybe not get stitches this time.

On another note: I took my wheel into Bicycle Sport Shop today to see if I needed the bearings replaced and to my surprise one of the bearings had sort of popped loose and they didn't need to be replaced at all, yay!

Happy Pi day by the way! I unfortunately didn't get any real pie today, I did have pizza, but I think I will celebrate Pi day upon returning from the west.

http://www.bement.k12.il.us/images/apple%20pi.jpg

On a different biking note: We, Lauren and I, noticed a group of BMXers riding around near 29th street today. We not only saw them once but twice. It brought me back to the movie ET:

http://www.galacticsuiteprocess.com/blogComeback/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/gs-ET-ON-BIKE.jpg

Except replace all sweatshirts in that picture by black hoodies that are too small.

Yeah, I need to go sleep, Peace Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment