Wednesday, March 25, 2009

SPECIAL EDITION: The Bet

Wrapped in all of the excitement that is mountain biking is this little thing that can bring any racer to pit the best of their skills against another. Bets, as they are called, bring about the fiercest of competition, even from mildest mannered and most well-behaved among civilized society.

Don't get me wrong, however, mountain bike racers are in now way "civilized" and rumor has it that some don't even know how to go to the bathroom inside.

I bring this up because Kyle's dad, Alan, made a bet with me for the last race, at Waco. I did successfully have a faster time than he, and thus won this.

On a side note: I don't want it to seem like I am saying I'm better than Alan, he has a lot more experience than I. I do look forward to further instances where Alan and I pit our own "best-of-our bests" in an all out, leg-deystroying, singletrack-dominating private contest, aka "a bet". I just wanted to make note of this bet since both Kyle and Kathy, Kyle's mom were wondering about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment