Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Stop Whining

So in my class, Sequence Stratigraphy, a graduate geology class, there are a couple people who are whining because we have an up coming test and they have a field trip and another test. I understand that they are busy and they don't want to fail. Fail, in other words, they don't want to be stressed out and actually have to work and study on the field trip they are going on. In further yet, more understandable words, they don't want to have to study so they can sit around drinking at night on their field trip. I've been there, I know how this goes.

This is particularly disturbing to me because they should really just suck it up and do the work. They really don't have too much to complain about because they signed up for their classes fully knowing what they were getting into and now that it's the crazy end of the semester that every college student goes through, they can't handle it.

I would challenge any one of these kids to compare how busy they are with how busy I am (this is a little ironic considering I'm writing a blog right now but this has been kinda pissing me off).

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya, man. Still got some spare time to go do trail work and ride tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete