Monday, April 6, 2009

Reimers Ranch Race!!!

There was a race yesterday at Reimers Ranch. The trail is great with lots of good technical sections and some good legdes. My pre-ride at Reimers on Saturday was the first time I had mountain cycled out there and I liked it more than some other people who have said it was terrible. The race course was definitely more technical than the other courses up until this point.


I got a pretty good start going into the single track and did pretty well on the ledges and drops and felt like the first lap went pretty well. The second lap was much tougher, however, and the single-track beat me up pretty good. I had a pretty uneventful crash, you know, one of those that's mostly because you're tired and you stall out going over a small rock ledge and you can't get your foot unclipped in time and then end up falling downhill onto some rocks. It wasn't really that bad of a crash but the big ring got my right calf, my left knee landed on some rocks and was bleeding, my left forearm also landed on some rocks and, to add insult to injury, the handlebars hit me in the neck, which actually hurt. Beyond that crash the race was pretty good. I think this picture seems to capture how I must have felt:
I do wish/need to get more training in before the next race.


The thesis is coming . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment