Friday, June 12, 2009

Race Report

Well the race in Wausau was pretty good, still cold but at least it wasn't rainy. The race started pretty good with a long run out to the single track being the WORS version of the Big Ring Challenge. About 50% single track and 50% shitty muddy uphill double track.

I started out moderately paced and then a bunch of people raced by just after the start which didn't bother me too much as the race was 17 miles I was pretty sure I could catch them again. So after the long run out we finally got to the single track and I started to pass people without actually riding super hard. There was one technical muddy rocky climb which most people couldn't clear so I passed a lot of racers there since it wasn't actually that technical. I kept a pretty steady pace and kept passing people and I finished in 4th in my age group and 34th overall. My legs were a bit worn at the end but it felt good to race again.

The MS150 is this weekend so I'll give a ride report for that and put up some sweet pics early next week sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment