Saturday, June 6, 2009

Back in Wisconsin!

Since it's been a while since I've written I suppose there will be quite a bit to put here, maybe.

I'm now in Wisconsin after a long drive up through Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois, and southern Wisconsin. We made the trip in about 32 hours with several stops for the new puppy and we stopped and slept for a while, too. So after about 7 hours of sleep in three full days I finally got to sleep and get ready to train.

I started a training program, put together by Kyle's dad, on Monday to make me faster than him (Alan). It's been going well, slight adjustment to training with a heart rate monitor but so far it's all good.

This past week was loaded with activity so it shall be summed up in list form:
Sunday
Max heart rate
Rode horses
Dinner with Mom

Monday:
3 hour ride
Grocery shopping

Tuesday
Intervals
Built horse fence
Friend's baseball game

Wednesday
Easy ride
Rock Climbed
Moved horses to my Grandpa's house

Thursday
Intervals (damn you Alan!!)
Arrowhead hunting
Weed whacked

Friday
Fun ride with Lauren and Mick, a guy we met while out riding
Bike rack from my truck into Lauren's
Lunch with Mom and errands

Today
Cold ass pre-ride for my first ever WORS race and it rained all day and still is (45 and rain)

Tomorrow
First WORS race ever, Wausau, Nine Mile Forest, sweet trails, hopefully it's not as cold and rainy as the pre-ride

This is the race course where there is a 24-hour race at the end of July. Yay!

I'll try to be more up to date with this... try

2 comments: