Wednesday, May 20, 2009

X-Bar

Since I'm waiting for some laundry to finish up...

Last weekend was the last race of the spring TMBRA series out near Eldorado. It was Lauren's first race and my first race in a month and a half. The three and a half hour drive took about four and half hours on the way due to crazy downpours and rain about half the way there. Apparently the race site had rain as well since the course was quite muddy during the pre-ride.

I wasn't sure how the race would go so my goal was to finish around the middle of the pack since I hadn't been able to ride and train much. There were three laps to the race and my first lap was pretty bad. One endo and one mechanical put me in seventh or eighth and once I got going again I knew I had some work to do. The second lap was pretty good, made up some time. The third lap was my best, I felt good and I passed three people in my class and finished in fourth place.


I ended up sixth overall in the series which was pretty good I thought for my first year in sport.

Lauren won her race and ended up 4th overall in her class! Congratulations! Heal up and get ready for some more racing this summer.


Congratulations to Kyle for winning the Expert Class and good luck at nationals!!
I want to thank Lauren and Kyle for going to the sweet Bavarian restaurant in Fredricksburg on the way home and having Birthday dinner with me. I'm glad I could share my warm apple strudel with y'all.

1 comment: