Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Weekend Home

Last weekend a good high school friend of mine got married so Lauren and I ventured back to Wisconsin for his wedding. The flight home was quite exciting and yet a little irritating. It started in Dallas when the plane I was on got in with plenty of time to make my next flight but we had to sit at the gate until a crew could come and dock us. Was it that they didn't know we were coming? "Oh, look! A plane! What's that doing here!?!"

So after we finally got unloaded I had to run to my next flight, on the other side of the airport. I got to the gate and everything was closed up. Not a good sign. Apparently I looked pretty mad because a lady rushed over and asked my name and where I had been and why I was late. After clarifying that I had run from my other flight she decided she could still get me onto the plane. Very nice lady! Then we waited at the gate for about twenty minutes until maintenance papers cleared...

The wedding was great though and the weather was cool (50's), it was great. Seeing some old high school friends and catching up a little with what they are all up to was nice.

Sunday was Mother's Day so I stopped in to see my Grandma but she wasn't feeling well so I ate lunch with Lauren, Grandpa, and my uncle. And then we had homemade ice cream. Delectable!

After lunch we went and spent time with my Mom and sister and her kids for dinner and gave my nephew a brand new kazoo, harmonica, and some squirt guns. Evil, I know.

Monday brought early flights at six in the morning and then meeting the new puppy.


This sunday is the last TMBRA race and Lauren's first race ever, exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment