Thursday, September 30, 2010

Ouch

That's kinda how my knee and shoulder feel right now after last night.

Last night I thought it would be a good idea to work on my night riding skills so I geared up and rode on down to Memorial Park. The ride down was good and the temperature was nice. The night was clear and I thought it was a great night for riding. The singletrack was good and I was feeling good until about 2 miles into the ride when I clipped a tree with my handlebars and bit it bad. Apparently when I clipped the tree my front wheel must have been off the ground and when I landed it must have been almost sideways. I heard the bead on the tire break as I was sailing over the handle bars and then the bike landed on top of me. I'm sure the crash was pretty awesome to watch. The I got up and realized I bent the wheel pretty good:



I picked myself up and walked my poor bike out to the entrance to Memorial Park and waited until my friend Josh arrived to pick me up. On my walk out I noticed my leg was a little sore and then I felt the large bump on my knee, from the handlebars? It was pretty sore by the time I got home so I just chilled and hung out with Josh for a bit.


This morning the knee was pretty sore but it feels considerably better now. The shoulder feels alright too. The wheel should be ok, the hub and spokes are all intact so hopefully I only need to replace the rim. Maybe a couple days off would be good too . . .

3 comments:

  1. Wow, nice crash. Time for a new wheel...

    I just went mountain biking for the first time ever this past weekend. All I can say is, why'd I wait so long? It's such a rush to fly through the woods at the edge of control.

    Anyhow, I hope you're doing well. Later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it's not your shootin' shoulder. It's almost time to stock the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, new rim at least. Ben, it's great that you are mountain biking, it definitely is a rush.

    Ryan, it was not my shooting shoulder.

    Bambi, beware...

    ReplyDelete