Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Dad

So I haven't written a blog in quite a while and a large part of that reason is because I've been in Wisconsin spending time with my Dad. Last year my Dad was diagnosed with cancer and after a tough round of chemo we thought he had beat it. In February he returned to Wisconsin with some medical issues to leard that the cancer had returned. He went through another round of chemo but this time things weren't as promising. He did respond to chemo the second time around. My Dad passed away on July 8th.

I'll never forget all of the things my Dad did for me and taught me through the years. He was a great guy who was always willing to help someone out and had the ability to make anyone laugh. I'm glad I had the opportunity to spend as much time with him as I did. I will always remember the positive person he was and I wish I had more time with him.

My Dad and I at the race in Ruston, La on October 25th, 2009.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brandon --

    I'm really sorry to hear about your dad's passing. What a difficult thing to face - I can't imagine what it is like to lose a parent.

    Let me know if you're ever in the La Crosse area, it'd be good to catch up after 3-4 years.

    Ben Holmen

    ReplyDelete