Sunday, October 11, 2009

Yeah, Bingo!

Last Thursday was an off-day for me so I wasn't really sure what I was going to do since I don't get too many. Well that question was answered for me when my friend asked if Lauren and I wanted to go play bingo. Hell Yes!!

I wasn't really sure what to expect since thoughts of bingo typically bring about visions of suspender and bow-tie clad gents and dames with hair curlers still in place. Well, that was pretty much the case. There were quite a few younger folks, however, doubtlessly lured in by the cheap beer and popcorn.

The actual playing of bingo was relatively relaxing as the mono-toned gentleman calling the numbers had a very soothing voice. There was a raucous bunch of girls next to us who had clearly consumed more than just beer. I also found the pace of the game to be quick and somewhat frustrating:



Notice the dude in the back with a Texas hat on, way to go buddy!
I clearly once thought I was going to win! Hope dashed when some jerk in the back got bingo before me.

Maybe next time...

1 comment: