Friday, May 15, 2009

A new-found respect for facebook negligence

I recently had a friend who was celebrating their annual celebration of birth so I partook in the typical festivities by writing my obligatory "Happy Birthday _______!!" on facebook. I typically try to get all of my friends who I think would appreciate and be semi-grateful of my blessing on their special day.

It wasn't too long ago when I came to the realization that I go through pretty significant phases of facebook addiction and facebook negligence. I typically don't find myself as a person craving the knowledge of what all of my friends from high school are up to but I do appreciate keeping in touch with some. I am definitely going through a phase of insatiable facebook addiction, however, I'm becoming bored with it and I see a phase of negligence coming on meaning, I hope you like my profile picture.

The merging of these two thought-streams occurred when I returned to my friend's profile page and realized I was the only person with a kind heart that wished this person a Happy Birthday. Lauren, sitting next to me, then mentioned there were more warm tidings of birthday wishes at the bottom of the page.

It is true, there are more wishes of a Happy Birthday, from last year, including mine...

Sorry it doesn't show up too well, but that is me, twice. I am nothing but envious with a twist of jealous that I cannot bring myself to this level of facebook negligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment